There isn’t any denying the significance of a well-designed, safe web site to your ecommerce wants. Creating an online store offers many alternatives so that you can join along with your viewers on a extra private stage based mostly on the content material you publish and the tales you inform. And with regards to personalizing your on-line retailer, nothing is simpler than an “About Us” web page.
An About Us web page ought to make certain to cowl primary details about the shop and its founders, clarify the corporate’s function and the way it differs from the competitors, and encourage dialogue and interplay. Sadly, many companies miss the mark and, in flip, miss out on helpful alternatives.
Learn on to be taught why About Us pages are additional vital for ecommerce websites, tips about methods to construct the proper About Us web page, and instruments and examples that will help you really feel impressed and get began.
Why You Want a Sturdy About Us Web page
When a possible shopper or buyer finally ends up in your website and likes what they see, they will possible head to your About Us web page. These guests are basically looking for your story—who’re you, and what do you supply? That is your alternative to shine and construct a connection between you and your new customer.
Though it’s possible you’ll be 100% business-oriented, your About Us web page is your likelihood to attach on a human stage. A fantastic About Us web page may also help your model:
- Make a superb first impression on new website guests
- Talk the story, trigger, and function of what you are promoting
- Differentiate you in a optimistic approach out of your competitors
- Put a extra personable face to your model
- Set up belief that what you are promoting is legit
- Give clients a cause to buy from you
- Construct loyalty, conserving clients coming again for extra
On the finish of the day, your About Us web page is basically a gross sales web page. Primarily based on the story you inform, you’ll paint an image that represents who you might be as a model. WHY would a possible shopper or buyer wish to purchase from you? Put a face to the title, bridging the hole between you and your viewers.
5 Components to Embrace in Your About Us Web page
When you cannot promote merchandise out of your About Us web page, the knowledge on this web page may also help push clients nearer to a sale with out even seeing what it’s a must to supply. When creating your About Us web page, make sure you embrace the next components.
- Your core enterprise mannequin: Present a short abstract of your Distinctive Promoting Proposition. Think about additionally providing better perception into the supplies you supply, or showcasing a charity you’re employed with that speaks to your target market. Regardless of the case could also be, that is your time to shine as you strengthen the worth of your model.
- Awards and press: The milestones you’ve gotten already reached are very telling, as they present your viewers that you just’re critical about operating a profitable enterprise with high quality items and companies. When you’ve gotten proof that clients love what you are doing, proudly show it to instill confidence in new consumers.
- Supporting stats and details: Are there any details or numbers that you may embrace to drive your mission house? These values could also be in relation to why you developed your model. Nevertheless, they will additionally straight mirror your success (i.e., years in enterprise, gadgets bought to-date, shoppers helped to-date, and many others.).
- Who you might be: Keep in mind, your About Us web page is the one space that tells your viewers who YOU are. That is your likelihood to showcase your staff when it comes to your model’s tradition. Put a face to every worker’s title and supply a brief blurb about every staff member’s position and/or skillset.
- Photos: Generally, website viewers would moderately learn content material on a web page that’s fantastically designed over one that’s plain. The purpose right here is that you just want visuals! Not solely will photographs and movies break up the textual content, however these visuals may also present a “behind-the-scenes” look into what you are promoting.
About Us Web page Template & Generator
That is your likelihood to take your reader on a journey. What have you ever achieved, and what do you envision subsequent? Creating a story is straightforward should you comply with a template, just like the one beneath. As you fill in your template, take into account the characters and the setting, the issue you solved, the obstacles you hit, the milestones you obtain, and what your model’s future seems to be like.
“[Founders] first began [name of your company] to [describe the problem you set out to solve]. That’s the reason we [tell your story, based on your journey towards a solution to the problem above].
Throughout our journey, we [share what you have achieved and the milestones you reached based on your past and current efforts].
We try to be [describe your mission in terms of your target audience and what that means for your brand. Don’t be afraid to showcase who you are as a person or brand—this is your opportunity to connect with your audience].”
When you want some extra granular assist, try our automated About Us Web page Copy Generator instrument that will provide you with quick, medium, and lengthy variations of About Us web page textual content you may copy and paste straight onto your web site. Simply fill within the blanks on the shape to get customized About Us web page copy that you may paste straight onto your individual web site.
5 About Us Web page Dwell Examples
Though your About Us web page needs to be distinctive to you and your model, we extremely suggest different profitable companies for inspiration. Listed here are just a few “About” pages to take a look at when it comes to wonderful formatting, storytelling, and model essence.
- Mailchimp (View): Mailchimp’s About web page leads with a short abstract of their group earlier than delving into their historical past, tradition, and what’s vital to them.
- Marie Forleo (View): Right here, the founder makes use of first individual to inform her story in a approach that feels private and makes the reader really feel like they’re engaged in a dialog.
- Giphy (View): As a high creator of gifs, Giphy makes certain to include them persistently all through their About web page to let their character shine brilliant.
5 About Us Web page Errors to Keep away from
Research present that 52% of site viewers typically wish to see an “About Us” web page on an organization web site, which implies it’s vital to get it proper. Right here are some things you’ll positively wish to keep away from to make sure that your web page is hitting the mark.
- Not having an easy-to-find web page: An “About Us” web page is likely one of the most visited touchdown pages on an organization web site. Not having one in any respect lets customers know that you just’re not keen on offering them with the knowledge they need. It additionally causes concern—if a client can’t discover your organization info, how can they know you’re a legit website? Be sure that to prioritize this web page, and make it simply accessible.
- Boasting, or saying an excessive amount of: You don’t wish to give a operating checklist of your accolades and accomplishments or boast about all over the place you’ve been and every thing you’ve achieved. You do wish to give a wholesome steadiness of informative info and attention-grabbing details. Contact on the historical past of your organization and its founders, and speak about initiatives and shoppers in a approach that does not come throughout as immodest.
- An excessive amount of textual content or visuals: Your “About Us” web page is an efficient alternative to indicate off the character of your group. Visuals and movies are a good way to seize consideration and interact customers—should you don’t, you danger trying boring and uncreative. Nevertheless, relying too closely on visuals is usually a mistake. Individuals go to these pages for priceless data, and replica is commonly the easiest way to convey historical past, targets, and accomplishments.
- Missing conversion drivers: You don’t need folks to land in your “About” web page after which simply depart. To spur interplay and engagement, hyperlink to different touchdown pages and embrace CTAs. “Signal Up Now,” “Comply with Us Right here,” “Study Extra”—these are all nice CTAs that can drive engagement. The extra folks you may work together with, the larger your attain—and the extra leads and conversions you’ll generate.
- Lacking visible enchantment: In case your “About Us” web page doesn’t look good, it doesn’t matter how priceless the content material is—customers will cease interacting along with your web site and its content material if it isn’t visually interesting. Which means that your content material must learn and look the half. It must load rapidly, seize consideration easily, and provides customers the knowledge they need in as aesthetically-pleasing a approach as attainable.
A very good “About Us” web page is concise, pithy, and informative. Not solely does it give priceless details about an organization, its historical past, its merchandise, and its targets; it additionally has character and is visually partaking. By no means underestimate the facility of your About Us web page, and don’t neglect to alter your story, mission, and accomplishments as what you are promoting evolves.
When you’re constructing your individual on-line enterprise, Volusion is the quickest and best method to begin your individual on-line retailer. With stunning, free, and totally customizable themes, Volusion allows you to construct the enterprise you’ve got been dreaming of with out coding or design expertise. Strive a 14-day free trial of our all-in-one ecommerce web site builder now and see how easy it may be.